Go Retro has taken more civilians--including foreigners--and military members to the Naval Aviation Museum and Pensacola Lighthouse than any other tour company. Why? Because our guides deliver a first class tour with many highlights that will impress anyone. We also know and follow the rules to get small and large groups on the base.
Seeing the Blue Angels fly is a thrilling experience. This tour is offered on days in which the Blue Angels are practicing on the airfield behind the Aviation museum. There is always a chance that weather or other matters might cancel this part of your adventure, but Go Retro aims for success.
The tour originates downtown at the Go Retro depot, 610 N. Spring St. It is fully narrated and includes all kinds of information about the Pensacola Navy story. Aboard the airbase, the bus will drop you off at Sherman Field, where you can watch the Blue Angels practice for 50-55 minutes. Afterwards, you can visit the Aviation museum for about 1.5 hours. Then it will be time to visit the Pensacola Lighthouse, where folks can climb its 177 steps to the top. After 30 minutes there, you will be ready to return to the depot.
Tour fare includes transportation, seating to watch the Blue Angels, admission to the Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum, and guided tour at the National Naval Aviation Museum.
This experience--typically 5 hours--is entertaining and educational. You will learn more about the base's history, its personnel, and current operations. You will have new pride and appreciation for those in uniform.
Plan on arriving at the Go Retro depot, 610 N. Spring St, about 15 minutes ahead of the time of your departure.
Base access requirements are serious:
If you are adult, have no felony convictions and have a current driver's license (star in upper right corner) or a passport, we can bring you aboard. Your escorted children do not need a form of identification. There also are additional restrictions:
- No weapons (firearms/knives) allowed (to include Concealed Weapon Permit holders)
- No backpacks/coolers allowed (diaper bags or medically required bags are acceptable and subject to search)
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- No drones allowed (countermeasures will be taken)
- Foreigners have the requirement of bringing their passport
There are additional regulations governing the lighthouse:
- Oversized purses and backpacks are not permitted
- Only shoes with secured backs are permitted (no flip-flops)
- Climbers must be at least 44" tall or 7 years old. Children 12 & under cannot climb without a ticketed adult.
Purchase Gift Card